Welcome to Kimchi Voodoo! My name is Kate Gjerde and my pen name is Kate Anne Kang. This is where I’ll keep you posted on my latest readings and other shenanigans that I’m up to.
You have probably found this site because you have heard of my memoir, Given Away. You can find the book at my ebook store by clicking on this link:
FUTURE READINGS – I’d love to meet you at one of these events!
- Wednesday, May 17, 7:00, The Loft Literary Center, Minneapolis MN.
- Tuesday, May 23, 6:30, Rockford Road Library, Crystal MN.
- Sunday, June 4, 3:00-5:00, Tin Bins Cafe, Stillwater MN.
- Tuesday, June 20, 6:30, Beaverdale Bookstore, Des Moines IA.
- Thursday, June 22, 1:00, Amery Community Center, Amery WI.
- Wednesday, July 12, 6:30, Shell Lake Public Library, Shell Lake WI.
- Tuesday, October 24, 6:30, St. Louis Park Library, SLP MN – my childhood library!
I will be adding more readings, so check back often.
Also, I’d be happy to come to your book club, bookstore, library and maybe read a passage or two. If you’re interested in a Given Away Reading Guide, please contact me and I’d be happy to send one to you!
I live in Minnesota where I teach English language learners from grades 1-12. I enjoy solitude and socializing equally. Playing Chinese mahjong (going on sixteen years), a book club, and a writing group are my social outlets. For peace and quiet I run with my yellow lab or curl up in my sunny writing room to read. This room is also where the magic happened – my book.
I’m happily married to my best friend, Jon. I have two teens: a daughter, 20 and a son, 16. In two years when they graduate from college and high school respectively, we will take a family trip to Korea! They will have an opportunity to see their Halmoni (grandma), my Omma.
Lately my thoughts are consumed with a graphic novel I’m developing with my husband (also a teacher). It is based on Anny and her assimilation to Minnesota. We aim to target upper elementary aged readers to adults. Stay tuned.
And here’s a health tip, eat your kimchi – daily!
Check under “Musings” for a reading I did for Listen To Your Mother Show, May, 2016 held at the Riverview Theater, YouTube: Kate Gjerde.
Contact me on FaceBook: Kate Anne Gjerde